Friday, July 18, 2008

Wine Country


Today Lora and I went into wine country. I suggested we visit Saint Francis Vineyard first since this is a wine that I frequently buy. Their vineyard was the farthest away so we thought we would start there and make our way back. This turned out to be a great choice because I bought a bottle of wine from this vineyard that cost more than I ever thought I would spend on a bottle of wine. This will be a bottle that Ellis and I will share alone with some prime rib. Lora also bought a few bottles of wine and we were happy. We stopped at Chateau St. Jean which was a beautiful vineyard but none of their wines swept me off my feet. Then we stopped at Kenwood and nothing much there. Our last stop was Valley of the Moon and we were impressed with their wine and bought some. I wanted to do a cave tour but it was to late and the vineyards were shutting down. All the more reason to come back.

Tomorrow I take Lora to the airport and then it is just me and George. Oh I don't think I introduced you to George Peter Streetfinder (GPS). He has been extremely helpful in getting Lora and I around San Francisco. Although sometimes a little slow to make up his mind and sends us in circles he has been extremely helpful and someone we could not have done without. Let's see how he does in getting me back home from the airport.

soon to be alone in San Francisco,

Cathy

No comments: